Monday, February 10, 2014

Ombre Mirror for the Landing

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

The ombre landing theme continues! 

Yesterday I finished painting the mirror and it really has come a long way!

I also refinished the shoe cabinet recently, click here to read more.


I started with this maroon technicolor mirror purchased on clearance at TJ Maxx for $20 - I originally painted it white, but decided that our bland rental wall needed some color!

I got a color sample from Benjamin Moore - mixed some white to make two samples lighter and airbrushed a subtle ombre with the bottom darker and top lighter


Airbrushing is very similar to spray painting, but less paint comes out so you have more control over where the paint goes. However, the paint must be the correct thickness to go through correctly - too thin and it will come out watery and too thick - it wont spray or spray very slow.

This mirror has three shades - the original color and two lighter shades - I overlap the colors and blend the transition by spraying less paint

Im loving the ombre theme on the landings! (click here and here to read more about the other ombre landings)

I also love the cheeriness that it adds to a dark corner!




Can you spot Annabelle? She says hi!


Peonies are my favorite flower and are in season now - so I had to pick up a bunch!

Ive got big plans for the rest of the landings too ... but first I need to work on the guest bedroom! 

Have you added any colorful spots to your home recently?



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment