Monday, February 24, 2014

MY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING grey and white buffet

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
This wife was refinishing a buffet on thanksgiving
while her husband was preparing to serve a turkey buffet.


This pieces was up for auction recently and we eventually got it at a reasonable price.

Before
This is one of those pieces that makes me long for more space, a more traditional home,
or even a double wide trailer.
I think you all know what would happen if I had more space ...

Sprayed in a soft grey

I would use it in my shabby chic livingroom for the TV console.

After
 I mixed this color using old white, provence, and graphite, all chalk paint colors.


Its a very soft grey and exactly what I wanted.

 

The hardware was all removed and painted with a flat bright white paint.


I also hand painted the all the trim details.


I sat quietly painting the white trim and occasionally I would feel the warm sun on my back as the sun played hide and seek with the clouds thru the day.


When he had the time George would come sit with me
and enjoy a few moments of the day and before he would have to run back to the kitchen,
he would always lean in and steal a kiss.


The entire piece was finished with wax and buffed to shine.


With some gentle distressing in the right places and the white against the soft grey,
the whole piece just looks amazing.


I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


Sharing our holiday with:



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment