Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bathroom Remodel Progress

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Things are not moving along as quickly as I had hoped. Took longer than I expected to get enough use of my hand to continue work. And as always, there are things that come up that have to be taken care of first. We received the new tub, but it was cracked in two places and had to go back. Finally received the replacement last week, so I am back working on the remodel. It is beginning to look doubtful that it will be done this year.

I replaced rotted areas of subfloor, and added an additional layer of 0.5" plywood subfloor (the original was only 0.5" and not heavy enough for my taste). No pictures. I have started installing the new plumbing. This is for the tub/shower. I have the supply for the tiolet in also, but havent gotten to the new drain locations, nor the supplies for the lavs. The plywood to the right of the plumbing is a double layer of 0.75" plywood for attaching a grab-bar. The plywood below and behind the plumbing is an access for the pump for the old whirlpool tub.



To clean up the mess from the leaks, I chiseled out the rot, cleaned with TSP (trisodiumphosphate), painted with a stain/odor sealer (Kliz). I then cut out the plate where it was rotten, replaced it, and sistered in studs next to the ones that had to be chiseled (to give a surface to attach Celotex and sheetrock to).



I have built the framing for the tub surround. I added additional framing to the wall to provide attachment points for the tub surround frame and the eventual glass tub surround. Not the most efficient use of wood, but since I cant touch the other side of the wall (remodeling already done there), it is the quickest and easiest way. Here, the tub surround framing is installed and the insullation replaced.



Another shot of the tub surround frame, the knee wall at the toilet. you can see the studs that were added for attaching the tub surround framing.



Started installing the Celotex (for sound proofing, the living room is on the other side of the wall). Im off to get another sheet of Celotex and some sheetrock.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment